Taken from Chap 10 of the history of St. James Episcopal Church, Arlington, VT.
"From 1900 to 1911 Mr. Watkins was in Vermont, at St. James Arlington for four years (1900-1904) and at St. Lukcís Church, St. Albans, seven years (1904-1911). During his rectorship at Arlington Mr. Watkins not only succeeded in a marked degree in advancing the spiritual welfare of the parish, but he was actively interested in diocesan work. As an instance of his interest he joined with the Rector at Bennington, Rev. Philip Schuylcr, in starting a mission at North Pownal, Vermont. While these two priests were engaged in work there ten persons were confirmed."